Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

We continued our annual tradition (the second year now) of taking the moms out for brunch at the Renaissance Hotel.  Nothing quite like returning to our first memories of Kuala Lumpur to enjoy and celebrate a delicious breakfast.

It is always fun to return to the Renaissance.  The school frequently has functions there, and we will always have such great memories of our first few days in Kuala Lumpur.  It was a time of incredible stress, but what an amazing respite to have the delicious breakfasts and the soft sheets of the Renaissance, complete with the pool for our enjoyment.



Flowers, cards and chocolates were also part of the celebrations, so it was all good fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug!

Just ran into your blog again. It was nice seeing your mom again in a Mother's Day pic. "Google" . . . it seems like we should get credit for that somehow.

We are good . . . doing life with four growing kids. This week its play practice (oldest has a part in "Heidi", baseball practice for 7 yr. old boy, a 5K with the older two girls . . . they keep me hoppin'.

Blessings to you and yours!
Kim VanOordt/Google Veen

woodward said...

Kim -- wow! How great to hear from you. I am not even sure I have an updated email address to write to you. Indeed, I had somehow hoped that Google would recognize that we were using the name and transfer some of their profits to a charity of our choice.

Then again, I think our mutual nicknames didn't have much to do with global search engines. Oh well!

If you do stumble back across this post (unlikely, I'm guessing), then do send me your email address or look me up on Facebook (which I am rarely on!)

N said...

Happy mother's day... Tracy, Mom, and Kim. hmmmmmm, seems that Kim has reappeared in your life, eh? Well, she will always be remembered by me as the one who taught me to get get get get get on down....... hope you can find her!