Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Day of School

THURSDAY, AUGUST 7, 2008



Reeve, mommy, and daddy started on Wednesday, but Gabi was off for her first day of school on Thursday. My goodness, sending our dear baby off to school -- how time flies. It is only Prep-Junior, the equivalent of pre-school. But something about sending your little girl off on the bus makes us seem old.



Reeve was wonderfully kind and helpful in showing Gabi onto the bus and helping her find out the routine. Reeve had a great first day of 1st grade, talking about following gingerbread crumbs to the eating area and solving a mystery. Gabi was all excited about playing with a castle!

(...and by the way, Gabi is not infected with some terrible virus, but thanks to a cold sore, she'll have her first day of school pictures showing the scab on her lip.)

5 comments:

s a r a h said...

tracy! i was so sorry to miss your US visit in July! i am so glad you guys are keeping this blog going. i read it all the time--even though i don't always comment! your kids are growing up so fast---what an amazing experience they are having. hope your start to the new school year as great!

jennica said...

I can't believe Gabi is already going to school! When I knew her she was just a little baby... :) And now she's nearly all grown up! ;) And Reeve seems to be such a lovely big brother to his sisters!
I'll have to say the same as Sarah, I read your blog all the time, although I don't comment very often.
I've just survived my first week in a new school. Phew! I've got a bundle of challenges in the year ahead - but am excited about finally having moved to Helsinki.
Hope you'll have another great year in KL! I'll be following your adventures :)

Ron and Nancy said...

Hey Trace, you look stunning in that black & white top -- and of course I'm impressed with those kids as well! - rw

N said...

wowsers. you have like a milliion entries since i last looked... got blog mania, eh? but anyway, that is soooooooooooooo great that those kiddies can go to school. i must catch up on all the other comings and goings of all of you, as the adventures seem to have restarted.

Ron and Nancy said...

I understand that this is perhaps the only website available for Arbonne products in KL. I do have a need for 1 tube of hand cream and hope you can arrange free delivery. - R.